We're a locally owned & operated design & manufacturing business based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are dedicated to designing, developing & manufacturing the finest wood products for our clients.
Instead of making your life difficult because what you want isn't "standard", we use various materials & fabrication methods to help turn your ideas, needs & dreams into reality.
We have more than 25 years experience in all aspects of the residential, commercial & architectural woodwork industries along with a passion for the highest quality products & services. And since quality & value are such subjective words these days, we work hard to make sure our values are closely aligned with yours.
We Are Thinkers
We work with designers, planners & inventors as well as commercial & residential clients to reduce or eliminate constrictions on intelligent, creative designs.
Helping you remain inspired by allowing your vision to be transformed into buildable products is important to us.
Our experience in manufacturing, engineering & design often eliminates costly manufacturing 'trial & error' scenarios. So even if we don't manufacture it for you, we'd be glad to help you plan it.
We Are Makers
Our ability to create / translate a design into an actual buildable product comes from our experience. We want to support & encourage ingenuity - something designers are good at. While some designs are simply not buildable due to a lack of understanding of the manufacturing process, sometimes designers are forced to convert a great idea into a mediocre one because their designs are artificially constrained by a manufacturer's 'standards'. Another common design constraint is extreme costs associated with anything considered to be custom (even simple modifications). At Drawn to Wood, we'll do our best to make your dreams come true, & since almost everything we do is unique (custom for you), there's never an extra charge!
We also recognize that while some shops today have the ability to build nice products, they often don't have professional design staff, let alone the time, resources or machinery necessary to build complex items. We assist other woodworking shops to excel by offering the professional advantage that our investments & experience can provide. Just imagine: Your own personal design, drafting, engineering departments & custom fab-shop - all without the overhead of ownership & training.
We Are Locally Owned & Operated
We believe that life can be better than what is being handed to us by the big box stores these days & that supporting locally owned businesses is part of the solution.
It all seems pretty simple to us: Be good to your fellow man, to animals & the environment. Support your community & place your fellow worker, client & a quality product before profit. Remember, if our neighbour doesn't have a good job, sooner or later we won't either.
Top 10 Reasons to Support Locally Owned Businesses (credit: Sustainable Connections)
1. Buy Local - Support Yourself: Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, rather than a nationally owned business, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses & service providers - continuing to strengthen the economic base of the community (click here to see summaries of multiple economic impact studies).
2. Support Community Groups: Non-profit organizations receive an average of 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
3. Keep Our Community Unique: Where we shop, where we eat & have fun - all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind local businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of a place.
4. Reduce Environmental Impact: Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation & generally set up shop in town or city centers as opposed to developing on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss & pollution.
5. Create More Good Jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally & in our community & provide the most jobs to residents.
6. Get Better Service: Local businesses often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling & take more time to get to know customers.
7. Invest in Community: Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave & are more invested in the community’s future.
8. Put Your Taxes to Good Use: Local businesses in town centers require comparatively little infrastructure investment & make more efficient use of public services as compared to nationally owned stores entering the community.
9. Buy What You Want Not What Someone Wants You to Buy: A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation & low prices over the long-term. A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests & the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices.
10. Encourage Local Prosperity: A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs & skilled workers are more likely to invest & settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses & distinctive character
Who We Serve
• Other woodworkers
• Individuals• Commercial